Saturday, July 30, 2011

Strasbourg!

I know it's been a few days since I've written, but I have been tired and busy with my family in Freiburg.

Today, we decided to drive over the border to Mexico France. We spent the day in Strasbourg looking through stores and seeing the city center. Since we had rented a car, we got to experience trying to park a car. We ended up driving on the tram tracks and a bicycle lane by accident. We got weird looks, but it was over after a minute.

I got to go the Adidas store and try on my favorite jersey. I think it looks really really nice and I want it so badly. But, I reserved judgment and will just buy a fake one online for a lot cheaper. 80 Euros is just out of my price range.

We ate lunch near the huge cathedral, which played a very impressive chime at 12 noon. I had pizza with salmon and capers on it. so good.

We left around 2 and made our way easily back to Freiburg.

I went to play in a league soccer match at 5. We got beaten 6-2, and I felt like I played okay in the 1st half. 2nd half, I was rubbish. But, for the final time to play on the HUGE, official size goals was a blast. Sunburn on my face will last a few days.

Went to dinner with my parents and brother at a delicious pirate/music/bar themed place. The theme isn't overbearing and the food is delicious. They also serve the best beer in the world on tap, Augustiner. Too bad you can't find it in the US.

Tomorrow is clean up my room and pack day. Can't believe it's here.

AK (3 days left)

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    just stubmled across this blog a few days ago by google searching "Mountain Dew Freiburg". :D
    Really interesting to read how you feel here in Freiburg.
    Would love to read some more, to bad your leaving so soon, but I hope you had a great time!

    Greetings,
    Moritz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,

    I can see what people google to get to my blog, and I must say there are much stranger things than Mountain Dew Freiburg. I really loved the city. By far the most beautiful place I have ever spent a long period of time in. I'm already at home and miss it a lot.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete