Monday, July 11, 2011

Sunday, Rainy Sunday

Sunday was supposed to be my productive day, and for the most part it actually was.

My goal was to write 3 or 4 pages toward my paper, but I was only able to manage 1. I wouldn't call the day a failure though, because it was the most I've written on any single day thus far.

Today was an interesting day in sports too. At 2 PM, I turned on the Formula 1 English Grand Prix to see my favorite driver, Sebastian Vettel come in 2nd place. Overall, a pretty good day to that point.

After getting some work done, I caught the very very end of the US-Brazil Women's World Cup match. The US leveled the match at 2 a piece in the 120 +2 minute mark. The goal was an amazing cross from 30 yards out for a Abby Wambach header. The game went to penalty kicks, which is always the most exciting and intense thing in all of soccer.

The first taker for the US had her shot saved. I was actually crushed, knowing that was the end of the US at the World Cup. BUT! The referee whistled that the goalie had come off her line too soon and therefore the kick must be retaken. The US then proceeded to make all 5 of their chances. Brazil had great penalty takers too, but the third shot was saved beautifully by a diving Hope Solo. The US had one of the greatest last minutes in all of sports.

Later on after dinner, I went over to my English friend, Joe, to watch Top Gear live on BBC 2. It was a pretty good episode, but especially awesome because they had a whole segment where they interviewed none other than, SEBASTIAN VETTEL!!! Great way to spend the day.

I'm done now. Trying to put a few words together on my essay before I call it quits for the night.

AK (24 days left)

No comments:

Post a Comment