Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mini Golf and More

It's been quite a long day. Very exhausted.

Max 1 and I woke up relatively late for a normal human being, normal for us. We grabbed some lunch at a Turkish restaurant. He is a vegetarian and I knew they would have something perfect for him there.

Once we were completely full, we went up to the Schlossberger Turm (Schlossberg Tower) to get a view of the whole city. I didn't take any pics today because I had been there a ton of times already. On the way down, we saw a mini golf course and decided to play a round.

After back and forth, Max 1 and I were pretty close in score. Leading up to the last 5 holes, he had a 4 stroke lead on me, but after I hit 2 hole-in-ones in a row, I managed to steal back the lead. It was close until the end, but I came up victorious with a 63 to 69 stroke win.

After we walked around the city center a bit more, we borrowed a bicycle from Richard, my Australian roommate who's birthday party I mentioned last week. The weather was absolutely perfect for a ride, so we went to down to Vauban, the really green, environmental part of town.

I showed him the hippie village, which is literally a ton of trucks and makeshift homes that have been claimed by squatters. Max 1 talked with this one hippie/Marxist and took a lot of photos of Vauban. He said that if he lived in Freiburg someday, it would definitely be in Vauban. (I think he really just wants to be a hippie)

After that, we still had Richard's bike (thanks Richard, if you ever decide to read this) and wanted to check out some cooler places. We road down the river side for quite a bit to the east. The ride was absolutely beautiful and the ride itself was pretty cool. There are a nice amount of hills and slopes for going fast.

When we got back to Händelstrasse, where I live, I saw a bunch of friends playing some Fußball (soccer) so I went downstairs for an hour to play. It wasn't a full game, but I enjoyed playing with these specific people, since we are all friends and can mess around and joke with each other. If someone messes up during a play, we didn't make a fuss about it. Definitely worth playing even after all the bike riding plus soreness from yesterday's soccer game.

Alright, enough for now. Max 1 is planning on leaving tomorrow afternoon, so maybe it will return to a normal weekend for me. Although, I am thinking about going to Frankfurt on Sunday for the Women's World Cup final between USA and Japan. If I can get tickets for a reasonable price, I may go to the game. If not, I have a back up plan to visit a friend who is working in a lab there.

AK (19 days left)

No comments:

Post a Comment