Friday, July 22, 2011

Hitting the Hay

I am going to see my parents and brother tomorrow for the first time in 10 months.

They are in Munich right now and are flying to Berlin tomorrow for the weekend. I've gotta hop on a train at 5:45 tomorrow morning from Freiburg to get there, so I have to go to sleep quite early tonight.

They will be doing some navigating on their own in a foreign country in a foreign language to get to their hotel tomorrow, so hopefully we are able to meet up as planned. Kinda scared about that. I tried to prep them as much as possible for their adventure.

I had a meeting today with my teacher from my poetry course. She said I had been doing a good job on my essay in terms of form and topic, but she didn't actually read it. That makes me a bit queasy. I should be able to finish it all next week after I get back. She gave me some really good ideas for the last few pages, so I will be able to avoid writer's bloc to the finish.

The weather here is like October or November, not what I expected of July. It has rained the last whole week and is barely 60 degrees. Why can't I just have a normal summer? Not really the most conducive weather to playing soccer, but we try anyway.

Gotta sleep now,

AK (13 days left)

No comments:

Post a Comment