Friday, July 22, 2011

Work and Play

Thursdays have a theme each week and that theme is University.

Today I went to school to my classes. My first class of the day was Tendencies of present day german language poetry. I actually really enjoyed the session because the poet we were covering was quite unique and her writings were intricate.

She had this one poem called Jot. Jot in German means the letter J (pronounced yot). Jot in English means to write something down. The other word play in the poem was from the word Just. The english word, Just means exactly or correctly or fair. The poet wrote down something about a "hit to the breast"
which is a common result from the sport of Jousting. See where the Just and Jousting thing play off each other?

Anyway, as I said, I really liked that poet. If you can read German and English, check out the book Falsche Freunde by Uljana Wolf. You won't be disappointed.

During my break between classes, I worked on homework due later in the day. After completing that with some errors, I went to that class, Sentence Semantics, and managed to be extremely bored out of my mind. It was the first time in that class that I didn't understand the concepts. Ruh Roh.

I went home and chilled for a bit until it was time to hit the field. A few friends had planned on playing soccer today, so I joined in. We only managed to get 6 people total, so we only played on the small goals with no goalies, but it was nonetheless fun. Very tiring too, I would say.

I scored a few nice goals, but those don't count as actual game goals, because we play on just a small portion of the whole place and with tiny nets. I was quite dead after.

Planning to go see my parents and brother in Berlin during the weekend. I think I am at a good place in my essay where I can take two days off. We'll see how that goes.

Bye for now,

AK (14 days left)

No comments:

Post a Comment