Saturday, July 23, 2011

Last Tour of Berlin

I woke up this morning at 4:45 to catch the train at 5:46, like I described yesterday. I made everything on time and had a fairly easy travel.

I decided to book a specific seat on the train, because I know that they get full early in the morning. I ended up getting a good window seat and having to kick some man out of my place. A little rude, but I paid for that seat.

I changed trains once in Hannover and then two hours later I was in Berlin.

I went to the hotel that we are staying at to find my parents and brother. Right as I walked in I saw my mom through the door and she embraced me.10 months is a long time to go without seeing your favorite son, so of course she cried...a lot, well maybe not THAT much. (my brother saw me write this sentence, just pointing out I'm definitely the favorite).

I took my mom to the cool shopping areas and to other places around the city. We don't have all that much time here (leaving tomorrow at 5 PM), so trying to make the most of it.

I ate the most delicious Döner Kebab tonight at Mustafa's, supposedly the best Döner stand in all of Berlin. We had to wait in line nearly 45 minutes, and by the time we got to order, the line was longer than when we had joined it. They add really yummy vegetables that you don't see at other places, plus a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of goat cheese are included. Not to mention, it was also the CHEAPEST Döner I have ever had.

Alright, that's my day, tomorrow night back in Freiburg,

AK (12 days left)

No comments:

Post a Comment