Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Swiss Evening

Hello!

I just got back from office hours with my teacher about my paper and presentation (next week) for class. I think it went pretty well, and now I have to prepare for class tomorrow. I have done about 500 words on my essay of the 3000 needed, so I am slowly but surely getting there. We talked about deadline for turning it in and decided there is no actual hard deadline for me. My two goals are to get it in before I leave Germany or before I leave Houston for Orlando on August 8th or 9th.

My last month in Europe is about trying new things and doing new things (and writing my paper). Last night, I went to a "Swiss Dinner" that some friends of mine organized. What do the Swiss make best? Fondue!!! I tried cheese fondue for the first time ever and loved it. Better to eat it made by actual Swiss people than by an American restaurant. (Note: Fondue is a winter food, so it was strange to make it in the middle of the summer, but nonetheless was it delicious.)

There were around 20 people there and I think each person brought at least a bottle of wine. Maybe we all thought it was some sort of house gift, but we managed to down a lot of them. They say that white wine goes well with Fondue. We were just putting that to the test. The bicycle ride home wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.

Gotta stop procrastinating for now. Hope this new blog writing that I'm doing is fun and easy to read. Let me know if I should change my style

AK (28 days left)

No comments:

Post a Comment