Wednesday, July 13, 2011

She's Thunderstorms

So the title of this post is just a title of the first song on the new Arctic Monkeys album, Suck It and See, but there is a reason.

Aliens have invaded Freiburg! But not really. For a while now, it sure has seemed like it though. The past 3 hours have been filled with crazy lightning strikes and a fury of thunder. The wind and rain make it sound like I live in a wind tunnel they use to test a car's aerodynamics.


This is my attempt to show you what has been going on. Tonight was definitely one of the largest storms I have ever seen. The lightning bolts are huge and light up the sky for seconds upon seconds at a time. It's a good thing something interesting happened tonight because today was just one of those boring old days of working.

Here is a longer video I uploaded to YouTube: Freiburg Lightning Storm

I have a presentation on Thursday, then Max 1 is coming to visit during the weekend. I'm definitely going to make him read and edit my paper while he is here

AK (22 days left)

No comments:

Post a Comment