Monday, August 1, 2011

Cleaning my life away

In a good and bad way, today was productive.

My parents helped me clear out my room. no easy task.
It involved painting splotches on the walls, sweeping underneath my bed and throwing many, many things away.

But, once the day was over, my room, which demonstrates my personality, was completely bare. In a way, my parents I had transformed this personal space of mine into a blank slate, ripe for the next person to move into. Strange how things can change so quickly in such a short time.
After all the time I had spent making the room my own, it was destructed in such fashion.

The blank slate is also my future, to a point. I go back to a life I left and try to take back things I have learned this year. How have I changed? How have my friends changed? Will anything ever be the same again? I'm not looking forward to finding out the answers to the those questions.

I only like to worry about things I have the power to change. Things will be how they will be. So I'll comment on things that already happened.

Dinner tonight was very cool. My parents and brother joined some roommates and I in eating delicious pizza from a local chain. Topics of conversation were a little lame, especially because my mom insisted on asking Richard, my Australian roommate, how to say some words in his variation of English. Got old fast. That doesn't mean I didn't get a kick out of it though.

My night got interesting when I was surprised by Richard that I was getting some visitors. A few friends from my building came over and chatted for a while. They made some pancakes, which we topped with nutella, bananas, almonds and whipped cream. Really good and nice of them to do. Quite an appreciated surprise.

Lastly, I went over to Joe's, an English friend of mine who was at the pancake surprise, to watch the new episode of Top Gear. The show was really good and fitting that it was the end of the season the same night it was the end of my adventure in Freiburg.

On to Munich for 2 days before flying home.

AK (2 days left)

No comments:

Post a Comment