Friday, July 8, 2011

Richard's Birthday!

Hi again,

I'm staying true to my word with posts everyday.

One of my flatmates, Richard from Australia, is having a birthday party in our apartment as I type. I'm taking a small break from the wine and the delicious guacamole I made to write this.

Richard is the only other flatmate of mine who is an exchange student, so we relate to each other pretty well in our situations. He is much more outgoing than I am, but it doesn't stop us from being friends. We only talk in German, which has been really healthy for the development of my german. Maybe his too.

He organized a shindig at our place, as I mentioned, and made so many delicious things to eat. He also has such a wide and diverse group of friends. Quite impressive.

This afternoon, I went searching for the best avocados in all of Freiburg to make the perfect guacamole for the party tonight. I went to 8 grocery stores all around the city to hunt them down. Unfortunately, I had to settle at the end of my adventure for some only decent ones. Didn't matter, I got a ton of exercise riding my bike around town and the guacamole turned out excellent! I'll have to make it for people when I get home.

Anyway, gotta get down on Friday (thanks Rebecca Black),

AK (26 days left)

No comments:

Post a Comment