Monday, September 6, 2010

Television

God's greatest gift to man

I love watching television, whether that means sports, movies, sitcoms, crime shows or dramas. As I just assume everyone else does, I have a list of shows that I try to keep up with. It gets really hard as you add more and more shows.

Here is my current list:

Californication
CSI: NY
Dexter
Entourage
In Plain Sight
Weeds
Flashpoint
Psych
and my newest: Mad Men

I realize that I watch too much TV. My grades in high school reflected that and so does this huge list. What I really wanted to talk about was Mad Men. I just started watching the series a few days ago. I fell in love with the John Hamm's character during the pilot. I appreciate the authenticity of the show even though it is shot nearly 50 years after the period it portrays.

I'm still toward the beginning of the first season, so I don't want to go too much into it, but I really respect the writers and directors of this series. The plot and portrayal of the advertising men in 1960s New York City is captivating. Not to mention, I never noticed how beautiful January Jones is. She is stunning in the more conservative dress style. No wonder she was rated so highly in the list of most beautiful women. I agree now.

I want to quickly recommend any of those aforementioned shows to anyone looking to pick up a new series. If you want something hilarious and not too time consuming, Californication is about to start it's 4th season. You can catch up in under 15 hours.

For now, I am just going to watch Mad Men. It is quite interesting the way that society treated women, blacks and Jews. None of the stuff going on in the offices of Madison Avenue during the 1960s would fly in a courtroom today.

Thanks for following,
Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment