Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Last Few Days in Austin

As a student at The University of Texas, I always enjoy my time in Austin a lot more than time spent in Houston (sorry mom). All I do is watch TV, play basketball and sleep when I'm in Houston, but when I get to Austin, there are always friends for me to be around or people to play soccer with.


Since the High Holidays (Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur) are coming up, my mom and dad really want me to come back and spend the time with them. That leaves me fewer than 48 hours left to be at our fraternity house (AEPi).

If you couldn't tell by the cherry picker or the nice stone sides, this house is brand new. Just last year, we occupied a 6-bedroom 3.5-bathroom rental house which was built in 1917. While I do adore our previous home, I must say that our new house brings unlimited potential for growth and self-establishment on campus. I've been mooching staying at this beautiful abode for the past two weeks paying absolutely no rent!


It is pretty hard to say goodbye to all my friends and fraternity brothers. I have been working intensively on Fall Rush for the past two weeks and just hanging out since I have no class in America. It really is a great life doing pretty much nothing. I have been taking our AEPi National Fraternity representatives out to the best places to eat around Austin, at least the ones with credentials especially Marty Bock.

Sadly this is all about to end.

As I prepare to go back to Houston, I spend all of the hours possible awake taking in as much bonding time with brothers before I slip away for 10 months. I also spend as much time possible with my friends from outside the fraternity. My best friend from home and I do a lot of stuff together, luckily for him, he is coming to visit me in Germany in the spring.

So as the most important part of the Jewish Calendar approaches, my last few hours in Austin seem to tick away I am about to experience the most foreign and exciting time of my life.

3 comments:

  1. no shout out for tony huh

    well that's okay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony, aren't you a friend from outside the fraternity?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was pretty funny when he joked that Zach was his best friend from home and not me. I know I lol'd

    ReplyDelete