Saturday, August 13, 2011

Road to Orlando

Hi,

So, I guess I am no longer "The Freiburg Kid" but I still do interesting things in life.

On Tuesday, I left Houston by car on my way to Orlando, FL for the AEPi Fraternity national convention. We stopped in New Orleans overnight to hang out and stay with a brother in the fraternity, named Yaakov. He just moved out to Tulane for law school.

We hit up Bourbon St. and ate some delicious Creole specialties. I didn't eat the crab, shrimp, crawfish and catfish with the others, since it isn't kosher, but my meal was delicious. After that, we bar hopped and had a good time.

Leaving Bourbon street was an interesting story. As we waited near the trolley car stop at 3 AM, we were approached by a guy who offered to drive us where we needed to go in his car in exchange for gas money. It was late and we decided to take him up on the offer. All 5 of us plus the driver, Shannon, got into his 1997 Dotson Cutlass. What a piece of crap. But, it got us home eventually. The trunk kept opening on its own and the engine kept sputtering every time we came to a stop.

Next day, I woke up early in order to try to motivate the other brothers to get on the road more quickly. Unfortunately, we still didn't get going until 12:15. New Orleans to Orlando is pretty, pretty far and all I will say is we made it in at 11:30 PM. Long long day.

Now that I have a had a few days to settle in Orlando, I'm not so angry about making it late to convention.

All for now,

AK

No comments:

Post a Comment