Tuesday, October 25, 2011

An Update:


Life is really busy back in Austin. I don’t ever find myself with enough mental strength during free time to write anything on my blog.

I feel like I am constantly holding my fraternity from imploding, my grades from slipping and my social life is almost inexistent. But, I am making good grades.

I have noticed since being back in Texas that I have been doing much better in my German courses. I have a higher level of confidence in speaking than I did before I left. Not just that I have gotten better as a speaker, but also that I realize I am better at it than many of my peers. Sounds foolish, but it helps in participation during class.

I am simultaneously trying to get a job. The job market in the US is tough these days, but some companies are still hiring Economics majors. I went to a career fair last week and met some great firms who are hiring college grads. I need to follow up with a few right after I finish this post.

My parents and brother were here last weekend for Parent’s Weekend. It was really fun having them in town and getting to spend a little more time with them since I’m never home. It is always nice when your mom “volunteers” to hang up your clothes in your closet.

Tomorrow is my registration for classes for the spring semester. It is my last semester of undergrad and I’m not quite sure how I feel about that. I think I am ready for a new experience, but it will be tough leaving the college scene behind.

I’ve done a few cool things in Austin since being back. I attended Austin City Limits music festival and got to witness Kanye West wow the crowd. It was quite a concert. I have also discovered a few food trucks that I like too.

My intramural soccer team won its first game in three tries. I didn’t allow a single goal, but then again, my defense played very well to prevent shots. Very proud of our team, FC Scott Fitzgerald (clever name).

All I have left besides academics and social events this semester is transferring credit back to Austin from Freiburg. I got a 2,3 on my paper in German poetry, which is like a B+. I am certainly satisfied with that grade after all the work on that paper.

Lastly, I want to mention why I am writing anything at all today. A friend of mine that I met in Esbjerg, Denmark during the Women’s Curling Championships has asked me to keep writing. Simon is a curling prodigy, who will one day win the men’s championship. I’m kind of glad he made me write this, it’s nice to blow off a little steam during a stressful week.

That’s all for now, hopefully I write again soon,

AK

No comments:

Post a Comment