Thursday, August 4, 2011

By the numbers:

In sports illustrated magazine, they do this really cool section every week where they say a number, followed by what in sports has had to do with that figure. So, I will try to do something similar with my last year.

2 - Times I went to Hamburg, my new favorite city

3 - Concerts I attended while in Europe (a Led Zeppelin cover band, Yuck and Tame Impala)

4.03 - The number of Euros I still have left

5 - Number of Bundesliga (German soccer league) games I attended (4 in Freiburg, 1 in Frankfurt)

6 - Roommates I had in my apartment

7 - Number of currencies I had to use while abroad (Swiss Francs, Euros, Danish Kroner, Israeli Shekel, Jordanian Dinar, Hungarian Forints, Great British Pounds)

10 - Number of flights I took throughout the year, including to and from the US

12 - Countries visited (Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium, Austria, Hungary, Denmark, Israel, Jordan, England, Ireland and France)

161 - Hours I spent on a train this past year, the equivalent of 6 days 17 hours

302 - Days I had a residence in Freiburg, Germany

There may be more to come. These are just some I thought of for now.

AK

2 comments: